A lot has changed in one year. It was January 2016. Wilmorite and Peninsula Pacific, the entities behind the $440 million del Lago Resort & Casino in Tyre, Seneca County, held a beam signing ceremony. State and local elected officials attended and added their names to the imposing steel beam.
Del Lago was nothing more than a dirt lot at the time. Construction crews had started work on the foundation and structure, but weren’t far along. Now, after a year of work, del Lago’s casino is nearly 100 percent complete. Jeff Babinski, executive vice president and general manager of del Lago, said there’s some minor work that needs to be done before the grand opening Wednesday. But the casino is essentially a finished product.
Complete coverage from around the FLX ahead of del Lago Resort & Casino’s grand opening:
– Galen, Clyde ready to draw people as del Lago Resort & Casino opens (FingerLakes1.com)
– First look: Inside new $440M del Lago casino (Democrat & Chronicle)
– The Wilmots sit down with the Times as casino prepares to open (FL Times)
– From Connie’s to executive chef at The Sociale (FL Times)
– Geneva resident goes from State Police to the casino beat (FL Times)
– The hands that built it — workers tell their story (FL Times)
– Three paths to employment at new resort (FL Times)
– del Lago Resort first look: Upstate’s newest casino opens Wednesday (Syracuse.com)
– Inside del lago: A (virtual) tour of $440 million Seneca County casino (The Citizen)