Graduate transfer John Gillon tallied a career-high 43 points from nine 3-pointers and 14-14 free throws as Syracuse (14-9, 6-4 ACC) defeated North Carolina State (14-9, 3-7 ACC), 100-93, on the road in an overtime thriller at PNC Arena.
The point total for Gillon ties the most points scored by an Orange player since Syracuse assistant coach Gerry McNamara had 43 on March 18, 2004 against BYU in the NCAA tournament.
With the scoring total on the night, Gillon owns the highest mark in the ACC since Boston College’s Tyrese Rice netted 46 against North Carolina on March 1, 2008. Full recap at Cuse.com
COACH BOEHEIM POSTGAME:
MORE POSTGAME COVERAGE ONLINE:
– Syracuse ends road woes behind John Gillon’s 43 points in 100-93 OT win at N.C. State (Daily Orange)
– Syracuse basketball tops NC State in OT thanks to 43 points from John Gillon (Syracuse.com)
– SU defeats NC State 100-93 in overtime (WSYR)
– Best and worst from Syracuse basketball at North Carolina State (Syracuse.com)
– Fan reactions from Syracuse’s 100-93 win against North Carolina State (Daily Orange)
– Syracuse 100 – NC State 93: Orange tough in overtime (NunesMagician.com)
– Syracuse basketball box score at North Carolina State (Syracuse.com)
– There will be no celebration of Jim Boeheim’s ‘1,000th win’ by Syracuse University (Syracuse.com)