Sunday is going to be a stressful day for Orange fans.
While many believe that the Orange will find their way into the big dance — some aren’t as confident. After struggling throughout the season on the road — their biggest wins came in the Dome. The 18-14 Orange have big wins against Duke, Florida State, and Virginia but also suffered some painful losses this season — like the 33 point blowout at the hands of St. John’s.
Fans were hoping for a solid showing in the ACC Tournament, but with an early second round loss to Miami — those hopes were dashed. The Orange weren’t completely hopeless on the road this year though, as they defeated both Clemson and NC State away from the comfort of the Dome.
As Paul Schwedelson of the Daily Orange points out, SU’s season boils down to a couple of factors. Either the selection committee will see the Orange six wins against the RPI Top 50 as enough, or they will see their 11 of 13 losses on the road as too much to be considered for an at-large bid.
MORE COVERAGE FROM THE BUBBLE:
– WATCH: Bracketologist Patrick Stevens comments on SU’s NCAA Tournament chances (CNY Central)
– Schwedelson: We don’t know how selection committee will assess Syracuse’s highest highs vs. lowest lows (Daily Orange)
– The Syracuse basketball fan’s rooting guide for Saturday’s bubble games (Daily Orange)
– Bubble Watch: Damn you, Vanderbilt (NunesMagician.com)
– Syracuse basketball bubble watch: Jump aboard VCU, Middle Tennessee bandwagons (Syracuse.com)
– Renowned Bracketologist discusses Syracuse NCAA chances (WSYR)
– Fans disappointed after SU loss in ACC tournament (WSYR)
– ESPN anaylst: SU could be in the NCAA tourney (WSYR)