Yates County Fire Investigators have completed the investigation into the fire at the Keuka Restaurant that happened on March 8th around 3 am.
They say Penn Yan Police had conducted a vehicle traffic stop on Main St. near the restaurant when they observed that the fire alarm system had been activated within the business.
Officers detected the smell of smoke and were alerted to a fire in the rear of the building.
Penn Yan Fire Department responded along with mutual aid units from Benton, Dundee, Himrod and Penn Yan Ambulance.
The cause of the fire was not completely conclusive, but noted that a faulty air compressor couldn’t be ruled out. The fire has officially been ruled ‘undetermined’ and the investigation is over.
The restaurant posted the following message on Facebook following the fire:
“It’s been quite the crazy week but words can’t express the gratitude we feel for all of the amazing support!! The urgency in the response from the local fire and police departments was incredible.. their work truly saved the Keuka and we are forever thankful!! To all those who have been helping with clean up and repair efforts your hard work ethic and kindness has not gone unnoticed!! We are closed until further notice…cheers to this awesome community!!!”