As Brandon Triche’s corner 3-pointer soared in the air, Trevor Cooney stood up. He clenched a towel as Boeheim’s Army’s chances to take a lead hung in the air. Fans clad in orange and blue stood up from behind him, some cracking smiles, others nervously holding their breaths. The gym, once vibrant, fell into an anxious hush.
Triche drilled the shot, giving the Syracuse alumni a 61-59 lead. And Triche, who landed on the cover of Sports Illustrated in 2012 and led Syracuse to the Elite Eight in 2013, sunk four free throws in the final seconds to seal the game. For No. 3 seed Boeheim’s Army, his 3-point shot punched a ticket to the Elite Eight. A “Let’s go Orange” chant broke up from the Syracuse-dominant stands. Read More
MORE COVERAGE ONLINE:
– Boeheim’s Army 65 – Team Fancy 61: Triche, Devendorf make plays late (NunesMagician.com)
– Boeheim’s Army advances in TBT on clutch Brandon Triche 3-pointer, free throws (Syracuse.com)
– Syracuse fans’ 10 most hated players remaining in The Basketball Tournament (NunesMagician.com)
– Rick Jackson dissects his basket-shaking missed dunk: ‘It felt like the court moved’ (Syracuse.com)
– Brandon Triche ignores ‘S’-shaped jammed finger, makes huge shots in Boeheim’s Army win (Syracuse.com)