The Bills came into Sunday’s game with Oakland leading the league in turnover differential. Buffalo’s ability to force turnovers continued, helping them erase an early 7-0 deficit and score 27 straight points. By the time the Raiders woke up the game was already over as Buffalo improved to 5-2 on the season with a 34-14 victory.
Buffalo’s defense and special teams posted four takeaways on the day. Matt Milanoreturned a fumble 40 yards for a touchdown at the end of the first half. Come the second half Buffalo got a fumble recovery from Mike Tolbert on a Raiders punt return and an interception by Micah Hyde on the next Raiders possession helped the Bills post a pair of field goals to boost their lead to 20-7.
Tyrod Taylor and the offense would then stage their longest drive of the game going 80 yards on 12 plays with Taylor scoring on a fourth-and-goal from the one-yard line to make it 27-7 at the start of the fourth quarter.
The Raiders responded with a touchdown drive to make it a two-score game (27-14), but it was too little too late.
- BuffaloBills.com: Read More
- Game Highlights: YouTube
- Boxscore & Stats: NFL.com
- Bills roll past Raiders 34-14: D&C Recap
- Bills defeat the Raiders 34-14: WHEC
COACH MCDERMOTT POSTGAME:
MORE POSTGAME COVERAGE:
– Vic Carucci’s Points After: Bills 34, Raiders 14 (The Buffalo News)
– Buffalo Bills 34, Oakland Raiders 14: Trust that process (BuffaloRumblings.com)
– Beat goes on for Bills defense despite injuries, Marcell Dareus trade (ESPN.com)
– Bills report card: Buffalo crushes Oakland and is a contender in the AFC East (D&C)
— Buffalo Bills (@buffalobills) October 29, 2017
— Democrat & Chronicle (@DandC) October 29, 2017