Led by a big day from reigning Heisman Trophy winner Lamar Jackson, Louisville (7-4, 4-4 ACC) downed Syracuse (4-7, 2-5 ACC), 56-10 on a rainy afternoon at Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium.
The game featured a 43-minute weather delay early in the second quarter, with the Cardinals leading 21-3 at the stoppage. Jackson and the Louisville offense added two more scores shortly after the delay to take control of the game heading into the half.
Louisville totaled 727 total yards, led by an impressive performance from last season’s Heisman Trophy winner Lamar Jackson. Jackson accounted for 270 yards through the air on 14-of-26 passing with two touchdowns, and rushed for 111 more on 12 carries and two rushing touchdowns.
The Cardinals’ Malik Williams added 180 yards on the ground as well and scored a pair of touchdowns to bolster the ground attack for Louisville.
- Full recap & stats (Cuse.com)
- Syracuse football crushed at Louisville as bowl hopes evaporate (Syracuse.com)
- Lamar Jackson & Louisville drain what’s left of Syracuse’s bowl hopes (Daily Orange)
- Final score: Louisville 56, Syracuse 10 (NunesMagician.com)
- Syracuse football box score vs. Louisville (Syracuse.com)
COACH BABERS POSTGAME:
MORE POSTGAME COVERAGE:
– Syracuse bowl hopes likely disappear, other fast reactions to SU’s 56-10 loss at Louisville (Daily Orange)
– Best and worst from Syracuse football at Louisville (Syracuse.com)
– Three Takeaways from Syracuse’s 56-10 Loss to Louisville (NunesMagician.com)
– Syracuse football coach Dino Babers: ‘Let’s not fool ourselves,’ Lamar Jackson is special (Syracuse.com)
– Syracuse football seniors ‘hurting’ as bowl hopes evaporate at Louisville (Syracuse.com)
– Despite bowl-less Year 2 under Babers, Syracuse football ‘leaps & bounds better’ (Syracuse.com)