Rushville garage a ‘total loss’ after blaze

On Saturday around 5:01 pm authorities in Ontario County and Yates County responded to a structure fire on State Route 247 in Rushville.

Deputies say James Z. Fox, 42, of Rushville was utilizing a cooker containing vegetable oil in his garage on Route 247 and left it unattended momentarily to enter his residence.

One of his children alerted him to the fire that had developed. The entire garage was a ‘total loss’, but no injuries were reported, as result of the fire.

Rushville, Middlesex, Potter, Crystal Beach, and Gotham fire departments responded to the scene. Middlesex Valley Ambulance reported to the scene, but no medical treatment was needed.

Deputies say that no livestock was lost or injured as result of the incident.

Also on FingerLakes1.com