St. James Episcopal Church, located at 96 E Genesee St., Skaneateles, is one of 17 locations to receive a “Sacred Sites Grant” from The New York Landmarks Conservancy, a private non-profit organization.
The grants, awarded to historic religious properties in New York state, totaled $279,000. The $5,000 Conservancy Grant awarded to St. James will help fund stained glass restoration. The Gothic-revival quarry-faced limestone church, designed by Horatio Nelson White and built in 1874, sits at the northern tip of Skaneateles Lake. A small rose window rests above the entranceway, visible from the town’s main street.