Several small airports in the central New York region are among those across New York state that are getting a combined $20.5 million in funding under the Aviation Capital Grant Program, Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced Monday.
Those airports getting funding are:
– $1,080,000 to Oswego County Airport for terminal building construction
– $1,485,000 to Canandaigua Airport to construct general aviation terminal building
– $662,474 to Finger Lakes Regional to construct new Jet-A Fuel farm
– $1,068,400 to Williamson-Sodus Airport to construct 18 Unit t-Hangar.
– $1,500,000 to Griffiss International Airport to convert hangar for Community College Aviation School
– $893,700 to Floyd Bennett Memorial Airport to construct two new 10 Bay T-Hangars
– $1,500,000 to Watertown International Airport to construct a new hangar for air ambulance services
The Aviation Capital Grant Program supports strategic investments at public use airports across the state to ensure safety, modernize aviation-related facilities, leverage private investment and create jobs.