Winter is back.
FLX Weather Meteorologist Drew Montreuil says conditions will be improving as the day progresses — but don’t expect an instant end to this wintry weather.
He says that lake effect will develop in the Northeastern Finger Lakes behind the general snowfall, which will mean that the wintry precipitation will last a little longer for those folks.
Temperatures will remain in the low-20s, but wind gusts of 25 to 35 mph will make it feel 10 to 15 degrees colder.
The active pattern will continue with a chance for precipitation every day moving through the weekend. Montreuil says that snow showers on Wednesday shouldn’t accumulate too much, with the possibility of some rain on Thursday — before more snow showers are expected on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Local Weather Resources
– FingerLakes1.com Weather Center
– Local Weather Cancellations
– Thruway Advisories & Conditions
– National Weather Service (Buffalo)
– National Weather Service (Binghamton)
– NYSEG Power Outages (FLX)
– RG&E Power Outages (WNY)
– National Grid Power Outages (CNY)
– Finger Lakes Weather (FLXWeather.com)
– Lake Ontario Levels
– Live Local Weather Cams