It’s a large, imposing brick building sitting on a busy Grant Avenue corner. Since 1865, its walls have been offering hope and comfort to those in need. Most locals and residents alike call it “The Home,” yet its official name is The Faatz-Crofut Home
Its roots date back to the Civil War, when veterans and women of limited resources needed assistance. Founded by a small group of Presbyterian women, it has been in continuous operation. Two distinct groups, the board of managers and the board of trustees, are responsible for the overall operations. The trustees handle the financial and facilities side, white the managers handle the rest.