UR Medicine Thompson Health celebrated several of its associates at its annual National Nurses Week Celebration Dinner on the evening of May 10.
Honored as Nurses of the Year within the hospital were:
- Theresa Edwards, of Canandaigua, LPN at Clark Meadows, for Collaboration
- Tammy Lush, of Canandaigua, RN on 2 West, for Systems Thinking
- Nettie Oberdorf, of Farmington, LPN at HealthWorks and Urgent Care, for Caring Practices
- Madeleine Tutty, of Lima, RN at Honeoye Family Practice, for Facilitation of Learning
- Jennifer Yancey, of Seneca Falls, RN in Clinical Quality, for Advocacy & Moral Agency.
In addition, Aireanna Small of Farmington, who works in the Emergency Department, was honored as the hospital’s Technician of Distinction.
In Thompson’s skilled-nursing facility, the M.M. Ewing Continuing Care Center, two were named Long-Term Care Nurses of the Year:
- Christy Grover, LPN, of Palmyra, for Structural Empowerment
- Brittney Selim, RN, of Pittsford, for New Knowledge, Innovation and Improvements.
Named the Certified Nursing Assistants of the Year for Long-Term Care were:
- Terri Griffin, of Canandaigua, for Transformational Leadership
- Cathy Loury, of Manchester, for Exemplary Professional Practice
For a current listing of open nursing positions within Thompson Health, visit www.ThompsonHealth.com/Careers.