»

Multiple families displaced after fire at apartment house in Auburn

New information has been obtained about the fire that scorched a home on Osborne Street in Auburn.

Six families were displaced by a structure fire at an apartment house at 111 Osborne Street. The three-story structure had smoke coming out of it when first responders arrived.

The Auburn Citizen reports that the building, constructed in 1950 was home to six families – with nine adults, and four children – being evacuated.

The fire was brought under control around 9:47 a.m., according to the Citizen.

No injuries were reported, and the Red Cross was called to the scene.

This story will be updated as more information becomes available.

Also on FingerLakes1.com