In front of the largest on-campus crowd in the NCAA this season, Syracuse (13-5, 4-1 ACC) tied a season-high 12 three-pointers on its way to a 74-63 victory over Pittsburgh (12-6, 2-3 ACC) Saturday afternoon at the Carrier Dome. The 24,466 fans in attendance saw the Orange move to 4-1 in the ACC after winning six of its last seven games.
Tyus Battle went 9-of-17 on the day for a game-high 21 points that also included three rebounds, two assists and two blocks. A stellar 4-of-5 shooting performance, all from three-point range, led freshman Buddy Boeheim to a career-high 13 points. Oshae Brissett and Frank Howard rounded out the four players in double-digits with 11 and 10 points, respectively.
Following a career-night on Monday against Duke, Paschal Chukwu did not disappoint snatching 11 rebounds today. Saturday marked the third time in his career with back-to-back double-digit rebound performances, and the first this season. He also added six points and three blocks.
Pittsburgh was led by the scoring duo of Jared Wilson-Frame and Xavier Johnson who contributed 19 and 17 points, respectively. Wilson also pulled in eight rebounds on a 7-of-14 shooting performance.
- Game Recap & Stats (Cuse.com)
- Syracuse 74, Pittsburgh 63: Buddy Boeheim scores career high (NunesMagician.com)
- Defense helps Syracuse break open game, beat Pitt, 74-63 (Syracuse.com)
- Syracuse maintains steady control in double-digit win over Pitt (Daily Orange)
COACH BOEHEIM POST GAME:
– Solid defense, 3-pointers and more takeaways from Syracuse’s 74-63 win over Pittsburgh (Daily Orange)
– Six takeaways from Syracuse’s 74-63 win over the Pittsburgh Panthers (NunesMagician.com)
– As Syracuse’s 3-point shooting improves, its offense could look a whole lot different (Daily Orange)
– Gallery: Syracuse defeats Pittsburgh, 74-63 (Daily Orange)
– Best and worst from Syracuse basketball vs. Pittsburgh (Syracuse.com)
– Marek Dolezaj the passer: ‘He’s like Magic Johnson honestly’ (Syracuse.com)
– Box score: Syracuse basketball vs. Pitt (Syracuse.com)
Today's attendance: 24,466
— Syracuse Basketball (@Cuse_MBB) January 19, 2019
Marek Dolezaj on the win:
“I just did my job and it feels really good… and the fans like me.” pic.twitter.com/5pYsXwduv3
— Orange Fizz (@OrangeFizz) January 19, 2019