A season-high 14 three-pointers, including six from Elijah Hughes, led Syracuse (14-5, 5-1 ACC) to a 73-50 defeat of Miami (9-9, 1-5 ACC) Thursday night at the Carrier Dome. The Orange finished the night just one shy of a school record 15 three-pointers that came on March 4, 2017 against Georgia Tech.
Hughes’ six three-pointers helped him tie a career-high 22 points on a hot-shooting hand that saw a 6-of-9 performance from behind the arc and went 8-of-13 from the floor. The redshirt junior had an all-around complete game, also contributing three rebounds, three assists, three steals and three blocks. Buddy Boeheim reached double-digits for the second consecutive game, adding 12 points on a night where he shot 3-of-6 from three-point range. In his 80th consecutive start, Tyus Battle narrowly missed his first career double-double with 10 points and a career-high nine assists.
The Orange were helped by a balanced scoring offense that saw eight players score at least two points.
- Syracuse storms past Miami, 73-53 (Cuse.com)
- Syracuse basketball uses outside shooting to cruise past Miami, 73-53 (Syracuse.com)
- Syracuse’s 3-point barrage leads to 73-53 win over Miami (Daily Orange)
- Syracuse 73, Miami 53: It’s Elijah Hughes’ world in blowout Orange win (NunesMagician.com)
COACH BOEHEIM POST GAME:
– Best and worst from Syracuse basketball’s win over Miami (Syracuse.com)
– Superlatives from Syracuse’s 73-53 win over Miami (Daily Orange)
– Syracuse uses outside shooting to cruise past Miami (Syracuse.com)
– Box score: Syracuse basketball vs. Miami (Syracuse.com)
— Syracuse Athletics (@Cuse) January 25, 2019
— Syracuse Basketball (@Cuse_MBB) January 25, 2019
WATCH: Syracuse throttles Miami to advance to 5-1 in the ACC. @NoahEagle15 and @TylerAki_ break down:
🏀 The Orange’s torrid shooting
🏀 Exploiting the Canes’ weaknesses
🏀 previewing Virginia Tech pic.twitter.com/j9NLX1QLSi
— WAER Sports (@WAERSports) January 25, 2019