»

LATEST: Gorham home insured, suffers serious damage after fire spreads from chimney

In an update, the Ontario County Sheriff’s Office said the fire in Gotham last night likely started after a wood stove pipe caught fire.

The fire began in the attic area of the home on County Road 18; and spread into the ceiling as well as the walls of the structure.

Deputies say that after responding – the fire spread to the entirety of the home.

Gorham, Stanely, Rushville, Manchester, Shortsville, Hopewell, White Springs, Bellona, Hall, Seneca Castle and Ontario County Truck 35 fire departments responded to the scene.

Gorham Ambulance also responded to assist.

No injuries were reported, and the structure is insured, according to deputies.

Also on FingerLakes1.com