»

Bidding underway for Naples sewer project

Competitive bidding is underway for construction of the village’s $7.3 million sewer system.

Based on interest from contractors at a pre-bid conference last month, the Village Board plans to open bids from five or six contenders for the job on May 15.

Mayor Brian Schenk said he expects the board will award a contract in June.

“We’ll need some time to vet those bids,” Schenk said.

Ground could be broken for the project in July.



The sewer system will initially service about 66 percent of the village, covering customers all along Main Street, from the village borders to the north and south. The service area would include a number of properties off Main Street, such as Naples Central School on Academy Street; 16 properties on Cohocton Street; nine properties on Tobey Street; and six on Route 53. A map of the entire service area, which includes properties on a number of other streets, is posted on the village website.

Schenk said a second phase of the project would cover remaining properties in the village and a portion of properties outside the village line, within the town. The Town Board is scheduled to discuss details at its board meeting Tuesday.

MPNNow.com:
Read More

Also on FingerLakes1.com