The Future of the Classroom (Part II)
Change is coming in public schools. From year-to-year the change is slow, perhaps unnoticeable to some. That change weighed over a longer period of time – perhaps 5 or 10 years – is another story. The degree to which classrooms have evolved in the last decade prompted Part I of this Inside the FLX special called “The Future of the Classroom.” This week, we look beyond the classroom – at the programs, which are shaping the way students learn.
This week we hear from the following stakeholders and leaders:
– Sen. Michael Nozzolio, who served the region for more than three decades;
– Karen Springmeier, Executive Director of Finger Lakes Works;
– LaToya Collins, who leads the YEA! Entrepreneurship program at FLCC; and
– Megan Marley, a student at Mynderse Academy.
Listen to the podcast below, or subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or YouTube.
The Future of the Classroom (Part I)
What does the future of learning in public schools look like? Well, a number of teachers and administrators in local districts are evaluating this very question. “The Future of the Classroom” is a two part series dedicated to answering the question, based on the countless interviews conducted in the FingerLakes1.com Studio on the subject.
This week, we hear from the following stakeholders and leaders:
– Bob McKeveney, Outgoing Seneca Falls CSD Superintendent;
– Jeramy Clingerman, Incoming Seneca Falls CSD Superintendent;
– Stephen Zielinski, South Seneca CSD Superintendent;
– Jim Bruni, Administrator of Business & Operations at SFCSD;
– Amy Hibbard, Prinicpal at Elizabeth Cady Stanton Elementary School; and
– Jodie Very, Director of Curriculum, Instruction, Assessment and Professional Development at SFCSD.
We walk through their perspective on public schools with a focus on those in rural parts of the region. Listen to the podcast below, or follow it on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, or the FingerLakes1.com App.
To have the latest updates, information, and headlines delivered to your smartphone or tablet – download the FingerLakes1.com App for Android and iOS. Follow the links below to download the app now! – Android (All Android Devices) – iOS (iPhone, iPad)