Thousands of families making dinner in Victor have to boil the water before they do anything with it.
E. coli was found in a sample from Victor last week.
The question a lot of homeowners are asking us is: why did it take five days to warm them?
News10NBC asked that question to the man in charge of the water.
The chief of water in Victor, Jon McConnell, says the private testing lab didn’t get him the information until Tuesday. So for five days, some people were drinking water with E. coli.
John Sobraske lives in Fishers: “We heard on the news as we were sipping our coffee that we had to boil the water.”
Because his house is in the dark shaded area, it means Sobraske is in the affected area.
“I’m up here a couple of miles away in Fishers,” said Sobraske pointing to the map of the boil water area.