»

Victor girl left with second-degree burns after iPhone catches fire in pocket

A recent survey found more than 80% of teens prefer an iPhone. One of those teens, 13-year-old Maggie Allen, had a big problem with her iPhone 6s last Thursday.

“My phone just started to smoke and I didn’t know what it was because it was in my back pocket,” Maggie Allen said.

She was standing in front of her home in Victor waiting for the school bus, and her mom Janelle Allen saw it happen.

“When I say spontaneous combustion, it was instant,” Janelle Allen said. “She started freaking out, I started freaking out, she took the phone out, threw it on the ground, and we took her inside.”

Continue reading from WHEC-TV

Also on FingerLakes1.com