Students were dismissed early, but fortunately no credible threat was found.
Sheriff Henderson says that around 10:50 a.m. the School Resource Officer assigned to the Victor Central School District was notified of a bomb threat, which had been written on a bathroom wall at the high school.
After further investigation it was determined that the school should be evacuated for the safety of students, faculty, and staff.
Sheriff Henderson says that’s also protocol for this type of incident.
“The schools have plans in place for these types of situations and it was decided that the plan should be followed,” he said in a press release.
He says the building was searched and nothing was located. District administrators were also on-scene assisting law enforcement, according to Henderson.
The school will be back in normal operation on Friday. The school dismissed early on Thursday as result of the threat.
The Victor Varsity Boys Basketball team will still play in tonight’s game against Canandaigua, which can be watched LIVE at 6 p.m. on FingerLakes1.com by clicking here.
To have the latest delivered to your smartphone or tablet – download the FingerLakes1.com App for Android and iOS. Follow the links below to download the app now! – Android (All Android Devices) – iOS (iPhone, iPad)