»

Automatic alarm prevents fire from spreading at Auburn apartment complex

An automatic alarm at an apartment complex in Auburn likely prevented a small fire from becoming worse, the Auburn Fire Department reported.

The call came in around 4 p.m. at Genesee Gardens Apartments on Seymour Street, according to The Citizen. They say firefighters said that a light fixture which malfunctioned caused it to catch fire.

Firefighters used extinguishers to put out the fire. They were notified by an automatic alarm in the building.

If there were not an automatic alarm, firefighters say it would have taken longer to respond, and the fire could have been worse.

Also on FingerLakes1.com