Shortsville family displaced, three pets die after overnight house fire (video)

First responders say they were called to a report of smoke in the structure at 1916 County Road 19.

Upon arrival, crews found a working fire in the rear of the structure.

Three adults escaped the fire without injury – two through the door, and one through a window. One of the family’s pets made it out of the fire unharmed, too.

However, two dogs and one cat died in the blaze, according to first responders.

Firefighters say smoke alarms activated, and successfully notified the occupants of the fire.

First responders from Manchester, Shortsville, Clifton Springs, Hopewell, the VA Medical Center, and Seneca Castle assisted.

The American Red Cross is said to be helping the family because the home could not be occupied after the fire.

This story will be updated as more information becomes available.



Photo by Code 35 Fire Photography (John Greco)

To have the latest delivered to your smartphone or tablet – download the FingerLakes1.com App for Android and iOS. Follow the links below to download the app now! Android (All Android Devices) iOS (iPhone, iPad)