Mackenzie-Childs cancels 2020 barn sale due to concerns

Mackenzie-Childs announced on Wednesday in a Facebook Post that it would not be holding its annual barn sale.

It had been scheduled for July 16-19.

“This choice was made to protect the health and safety of our staff, customers and communities,” the post said.

The sale has been going on for more than three decades. Typically more than 25,000 people make their way out to it.

“The economic impact of the Barn Sale’s cancellation will surely be felt, but right now the priority is the community’s health,” Karen Kuhl, executive director for Cayuga County Convention and Visitors. “We need to support each other and our businesses to ensure our way of life returns to what we were enjoying.”


Download the FingerLakes1.com App: Android (All Android Devices) | iOS (iPhone, iPad)
We believe in a product that is accessible to all readers online. That's why you'll never see a paywall on FingerLakes1.com. That said, a recurring monthly pledge of any amount through Patreon can help us deliver more content, and more in-depth coverage throughout the region. Visit www.Patreon.com/FL1 to become a supporter!
Support Local Journalism