During his press briefing on Friday, Governor Andrew Cuomo said his administration is working out the details of a plan that would potentially allow outdoor dining to return.
Last week, the Town of Greece attempted to pass a local ordinance that would allow restaurant owners to apply for a permit to begin immediately.
While that did not come to fruition, the Governor said it’s something that’s being considered – possibly for Phase 3.
“We are looking at those guidelines and we haven’t decided yet, but there is a possibility that you could separate outdoor dining,” Robert Muijca, Director of the New York State Division of Budget said. “It’s a little different depending on parts of the state and what access you have to sidewalks and spaces for outdoor dining, but there is something that’s under review.”
“We have to look at it,” Gov. Cuomo added.
Download the FingerLakes1.com App: Android (All Android Devices) | iOS (iPhone, iPad)
We believe in a product that is accessible to all readers online. That's why you'll never see a paywall on FingerLakes1.com. That said, a recurring monthly pledge of any amount through Patreon can help us deliver more content, and more in-depth coverage throughout the region. Visit www.Patreon.com/FL1 to become a supporter!