Deputies say that they were called to the report of an explosion and power outage on County Road 6 in the town of Geneva.
It happened a little before 5 p.m. at the Spruce Tree Mobile Home Park.
Upon arrival, first responders observed a downed power line and structure fire at a residence located in the park. Firefighters extinguished the blaze and secured the area.
Deputies say investigators believe it began as an electrical fire. The residences in lots 1-6 are without power, but not otherwise damaged. The residence on lot 7 was damaged by the fire, but no injuries were reported.
Firefighters from Geneva, Oaks Corners, and Northside all responded. Oaks Corners Fire Rescue, Finger Lakes Ambulance, and North Seneca Ambulance also responded.
NYSEG resounded to the scene to assess the damage and to restore power safely. The Red Cross also responded to the incident and assisted with displaced residents.
The incident remains under investigation.
Download the FingerLakes1.com App: Android (All Android Devices) | iOS (iPhone, iPad)
We believe in a product that is accessible to all readers online. That's why you'll never see a paywall on FingerLakes1.com. That said, a recurring monthly pledge of any amount through Patreon can help us deliver more content, and more in-depth coverage throughout the region. Visit www.Patreon.com/FL1 to become a supporter!