As Thanksgiving approaches all eyes are on the regional situation, as the COVID-19 pandemic continues to play out at full-speed. Governor Andrew Cuomo got into a verbal spat with reporters on Wednesday — prompting criticism in some circles. He hammered on law enforcement around the state who say they will not enforce private gathering restrictions imposed by New York State.
This week Josh Durso and Ted Baker tackle the latest COVID-19 related headlines, as well as the non-COVID headlines. Stories up for discussion include:
- Frustrated local health officials as residents push back against quarantine measures, or lie to contact tracers about what they have done, or who they have come into contact with during potential exposure. [Read More]
- A poll from Siena College that shows Thanksgiving celebrations are going to happen, even though health officials are warning against it. [Read More]
- A new set of training tools announced by New York State to ‘help’ those struggling with employment, or those who are simply unemployed. [Read More]
- Amazon, Facebook, and Google’s collective role in digital advertising, and the impact that has on other industries. [Read More]
- The Seneca Falls Town Board’s move to re-vote on the 2021 budget after one councilor potentially changed his mind. [Read More]
- Auburn city officials’ efforts to seize a property on Delevan Street and what that means for the community-at-large. [Read More]
DEBRIEF: Montezuma Audubon Center continues to see 25% bump in visitors as fall migration unfolds (podcast)
We believe in a product that is accessible to all readers online. That's why you'll never see a paywall on FingerLakes1.com. That said, a recurring monthly pledge of any amount through Patreon can help us deliver more content, and more in-depth coverage throughout the region. Visit www.Patreon.com/FL1 to become a supporter!
Download the FingerLakes1.com App: Android (All Android Devices) | iOS (iPhone, iPad)