Several fire departments called to kitchen fire at Naples home

Deputies and firefighters were called to a house on Mill St. in the village of Naples on Saturday around 2 p.m. for a structure fire.

They say the cause of the fire appears to be a malfunction of the microwave in the kitchen.




Firefighters from Naples, Richmond, Atlanta North, and Cohocton responded to the scene and were able to put out the fire.

The damage was limited to a single room, the kitchen-area, according to deputies.

There were no reported injuries and the fire was not considered suspicious, according to investigators.

Want the latest headlines in your inbox each morning? Click here to sign up for our Morning Edition and Sunday Insight newsletters. They are dedicated to keeping you in the know. You can also download the FingerLakes1.com App for Android (All Android Devices) or iOS (iPhone, iPad)
Support Local Journalism